This classic sailing yacht is approaching her 100th year, and 25th consecutive year chartering in New York Harbor. So no replica anything here, just old world elegance from an 1800s designer -- and it shows!
Ventura has been hosting private evening sails in New York Harbor since 1987 -- and still under the same management -- making her by far the most experienced private yacht in the harbor's sailing fleet.
That experience pays dividends if you are looking for a special, summer venue to entertain clients, or create an exceptional memory for an important occasion. And the proverbial "arm and a leg" pricing does not apply here. An upscale evening cocktail party sail for 20 to 25 guests averages $225 per person, all inclusive of great food, open bar, any/all taxes.
Our clients find Ventura a particularly valuable resource for entertaining their clients, summer associates or staff -- particularly when one compares pricing to dinner and a three hour entertainment, such as a Broadway show.
And, in a way, that is exactly what we do. Our theatre is this very special boat, and the show is live -- New York Harbor under sail power! (A NY Times reporter once called a Ventura charter "the best off-Broadway show in NY.")
And not to press the theatre metaphor too far, our clients appreciate that we build our "curtain time," that is our sailing schedule, around their best time. Sailing 6:30 to 9:30 on weeknights seems the most popular time... and if you wish to tweak that, we are ready when you are!
An evening cruise combines a harbor highlights tour, food, beverage, and a remarkably memorable experience all in a single venue. Mood aboard is upscale, casual and good for conversation. Guests are always impressed by her original teak decks, the 1920's heavy bronze winches, varnished woods, brass oil lamps, hand-carved rare wood panels, even a brass and stone fireplace in a private salon/library! No replica boat or plastic parts here: Ventura's the real deal!
- United States Coast Guard certified for up to 25 passengers (on specific occasions, up to 35) 62.5' length; 28 tons; teak, oak, mahogany for hull construction: a true wooden ship.
- Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island -- Our timeless national landmarks seen from an elegant wooden sailing yacht is an unmatched event.
- Open to the public Friday sunset sails and once-monthly Sunday bring-your-family brunch sails (reservations strongly recommended) May 15- October. Buy one ticket or 35!
- Average group size for private day or evening sails is 15 - 25. Private Harbor Tour for groups from as few as two romantics available.
- National landmark sailing yacht designed by Nathanael G. Herreshoff, legendary builder and considered the greatest yacht designer in history.
- Homeport: The glamorous, World Financial Center's North Cove Marina. On the Hudson River at Battery Park City, between Vesey and Liberty Streets.
- Location shoots available hourly, half/full day rates. Featured in films (most recently "Hitch" with Wil Smith) live national television broadcasts (“Good Morning America”) glamor and fashion set for production teams from the New York Times, Harpers Bazaar Magazine, Nautica, J. Crew, NY Post.
| || |